Before heading to Hanover, make sure you have a plan for using social media. It might not seem like a priority now, but following a few simple guidelines can make your trade show experience even more successful and will help us once again to become the most mentioned hashtag after CeBIT and the second most mentioned account, three years in a row.
Why is a powerful hashtag important?
If you can create a buzz around a hashtag at an event, this enables you to attract people from all over the exhibition. Journalists, bloggers, investors and potential partners could catch a glimpse of an interesting tweet and will stop by to meet you! Make sure that you always include the most important facts in your tweet: #CODE_n #CeBIT and refer to your location in Hall 16 so that people know where to find us. If you have enough spaces left, include your exact booth number.
Update your profiles. It’s obvious but essential: check that your profiles have the most current information and are properly linked. Put your status (CODE_n finalist) on your LinkedIn, XING, Twitter, Vine or Facebook profiles and make it easy for people to get in touch. Alert your fans. Blog about your time at CeBIT. If you have a company newsletter, make sure you include this news. Share the word and let people know you’re going to be attending via your existing social media channels and start using the appropriate hashtags. (Tip: they’re #CODE_n and #CeBIT!)
Tweet to meet. Let others know where you’re going, and when, so that they can connect with you in person.
- Use Twitter to get in touch with journalists, the media in general, politicians, and investors.
- Start tweeting to them and make appointments live at CeBIT.
- Share your CODE_n preparation with us. Post pictures on our FB page or share a pic on twitter and use #CODE_n and #CeBIT hashtags.
- Retweet, like and share our activities to increase the reach and help us to create the CODE_n buzz.
- Use our existing network to leverage your activities: get in touch with our partners (Twitter list: Partners) and your fellows (Twitter list: Startups)
- Include our social media accounts when sharing the news; we will support you and retweet or share to our networks – watch the reach expand!
Report from the field. See an interesting presentation, notice an emerging trend, or read an interesting tweet? Tell others about it — as long as it’s not confidential information, of course. Keep track. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the information flying around, so use an application like TweetDeck to monitor hashtags, mentions, retweets, and messages. You’re still using #CODE_n and #CeBIT, right? It’s the best way for your updates to be found!
Record it. Post an article on your blog, create a video, collect your favorite tweets — whatever helps you capture the highlights of the event before you forget. Stay in touch. Follow up on new contacts and work to maintain the relationship, both online and in person, over the coming months. Socialize with us: CODE_n on our Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Linkedin!
If you there are any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.