Looking for inspiration for crafting your startup pitch? Business Insider highlights some of their favorites, including ones from Mint, ZocDoc, and Loopt. They also offer some general advice for a successful pitch:
- If you don’t grab people within the first minute, they’re going to start checking their email.
- Tell the story through the problem. It needs to be a story about problems and solutions.
- Have a concrete business plan and drive home how you’re going to make money.
- Know your material, and keep the energy up.
- When pitching directly to an investor, make sure you say what you’re going to do with the money.
- Finish strongly and sum up why someone should invest in the company.