This Wednesday, GFT hosted another CODE_n EVENT in cooperation with HiTURS – a project initiated by the economic development agency Wirtschaftsförderung Region Stuttgart (WRS) – to foster exchange among pioneers and give them a stage for showcasing their groundbreaking ideas. The goal of this event, which was called “Startups meet Mittelstand” was to bring together startups and companies on a local level in order to initiate strategic partnerships in production, sales or marketing. Furthermore, it’s a place to talk about collaboration and leveraging synergy.
Dr. Andreas Chatzis opened the event with a short introduction to WRS and their HiTURS project, followed by Felix Jansen who provided an insight into the CODE_n “ecosystem” with its latest initiative CODE_n SPACES. A perfect start for the event since both projects are pursuing the same goal: to drive partnerships and cooperation, and to create synergies between businesses and startups in Baden-Württemberg.
The rationale of this goal was the topic of a panel discussion between Dr. Carolin Tolksdorf, Eleftherios Hatziioannou (co-founder of smoope GmbH), Felix Jansen (Head of External Communication at GFT Technologies AG), Dr. Andreas Chatzis (WRS) and Holger Haussmann (COO at Conceptboard GmbH) (from the left).
One highlight was the 1-minute pitch of all ten startups at the event followed by a 3-minute speed-dating session with business executives.
- Ajaa! – produces boxes and spoons out of a 100% natural, 100% recyclable material made from renewable resources.
- Conceptboard – one of our CODE_n alumni who provides a flexible online workspace for better teamwork and faster results.
- copaltec – develops and produces high-tech casting resins based on polyurethane.
- e-buddy – an electrically driven wheeled zimmer frame equipped with intelligent sensors to enhance the mobility and comfort of people with limited walking ability.
- EventFabric – helps businesses to understand what’s happening with their data in real time.
- Firecone – a 3D fibre printer for prototype production.
- SmartLight – a new way to generate light. Extremely bright and easy to use.
- smoope – an app to enable businesses to provide “Service To Go” for their customers and thus enhance their service.
- Tocario – the only European desktop-as-a-service technology provider.
- Wusoa – small but efficient biogas plants with a special stirring unit to enhance profit.
Bringing startups and companies together on a local level is central to success for both parties – for the startups to succeed and for the companies to drive innovation and change.
“Startups play an important role for the strong economic region of Stuttgart, especially when it comes to the unconventional development of other commercial segments,” said Dr. Andreas Chatzis of WRS.
This is just one reason why GFT has just announced CODE_n SPACES, an innovation campus for startups and digital pioneers in Stuttgart.
Short video with some impressions of this event